BREAKDOWN ASSISTANCE COVER
Under the terms, conditions and exclusions of this breakdown membership, we will arrange for your vehicle to be taken to the nearest repairer, secure premises or, if nearer, your home. This service is provided throughout Ireland and Northern Ireland.
In the event that your vehicle is immobilized as a result of electrical or mechanical breakdown or accident (including fire or malicious damage) please contact our 24 Hour Helpline on the numbers below as soon as possible:
- Republic of Ireland Roadside Assistance 0180 44328
- UK 010 44328
Please note, that if you should engage the services of any recovery operator prior to making contact with the Helpline, any costs that you incur are not covered by this membership.
MEMBERSHIP BREAKDOWN BENEFITS
If your vehicle breaks down, we will send a Mechanic24hr operative or appointed agent to assist you. We will provide assessment on the breakdown.
If your vehicle cannot be repaired in site, we will tow it to the nearest competent repairer or tow to your own garage if closer.
If your vehicle breaks down or is involved in an accident away from your home, we will send a recovery operator to assist you.
We will provide assessment on the breakdown on arrival of the Mechanic24hr operative or appointed agent, if your vehicle cannot be repaired on the spot, we will arrange to tow it to the nearest competent repairer, recovery yard or your home if closer.
If your vehicle suffers a puncture whilst driving, we will assist with the replacement available with the vehicle.
Continuation of Journey
Accompaniment of the passengers of the vehicle and member, if possible (depending on the passenger capacity of the assisting recovery vehicle) to their nearest destination.
TERMS, CONDITIONS AND EXCLUSIONS OF THIS MEMBERSHIP OF MOTOR BREAKDOWN ASSISTANCE COVER
The member will be entitled up to three assists during annual membership.
- Mechanic24hr shall not be liable for any liability or direct loss arising from any act performed in the execution of services provided to the member.
- Mechanic24hr shall not be liable to pay for expenses which are recoverable from any other source.
- Mechanic24hr shall not be liable for any accident or breakdown brought about by any avoidable willful and deliberate act committed by the member.
- Mechanic24hr shall not be liable for any repairs to the member’s vehicle.
- Mechanic24hr shall not be liable for the costs of any parts, keys, lubricants, fluids or fuel required to restore the vehicles mobility.
- Mechanic24hr shall not be liable for any claims caused by fuels, mineral essences or other flammable materials, explosives or toxins transported in the car.
- No services shall be payable unless Mechanic24hr has been notified and has authorized services through the medium of the emergency membership number provided.
- Territorial limits of cover are the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- Mechanic24hr will not be responsible where it is asked to provide the service for a fault that was dealt with with in the preceding 28 days, excluding punctures.
- Members can only be provided with the benefits if the registered vehicle was in a roadworthy condition prior to the incident.
- Mechanic24hr will endeavor to provide all the benefits associated with this membership however, all the options may not be available to us at the time of the breakdown.
- At all times we will retain the discretion to provide member benefits outside of the cover purchased by the member and dependent upon the circumstances.
- The member must be with the vehicle when the recovery agent is tasked, if they are absent any subsequent assistance will be at the members own cost.
- We may refuse benefits in circumstances where the member is clearly intoxicated or the vehicle is in an inaccessible off road location.
- No benefits will be provided if the vehicle does not hold a valid NCT when required to do so.
- No benefits will be provided if the vehicle is already at a place of repair.
- Mechanic24hr may not be able to provide benefits where a vehicle is immobile due to snow or ice.
If you wish to make a complaint about our services, we have a formal complaints procedure. In the first instance you may contact us in writing or by phone.
Please address your complaint to:
The Operations Manager,
MIS Claims Ltd,
37 Comber Road,
Tel: 0180 44328